handle with care

  • 0

hwc-157

My brain is craving for good books. I really wanna revise the 'tarbiyatul aulad' by Dr Abdullah Naseh Ulwan. I've read both 'jilids' before but I dont have my own copy. I borrowed them from a friend. Really wish to revise the second jilid coz I can barely remember the content.

Meanwhile, I have finished reading this book by a good author Jodi Picoult last month. So a brief review from me.

Synopsis:
Handle With Care explores the knotty tangle of medical ethics and personal morality. When faced with the reality of a fetus who will be disabled, at which point should an OB counsel termination? Should a parent have the right to make that choice? How disabled is TOO disabled? And as a parent, how far would you go to take care of someone you love? Would you alienate the rest of your family? Would you be willing to lie to your friends, to your spouse, to a court? And perhaps most difficult of all – would you admit to yourself that you might not actually be lying?

why do I like this book and other books by this author:

1. my medical background attract me to read this book on ostegenesis imperfecta (a very rare congenital bone disease)

2. mother instinct- this story make me feel more grateful for a healthy child and respect those who has special kids

3. a superb story line which blends the law and ethics - commonly happen in my real life

4. see life in different perspective and from different angle

happy reading..

No comments: